Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Do think I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome?

Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome is a skin disease where skin may get stretchy. The most common area to get that is in the chest and neck. My skin can stretch from around 5-6 cm and Im only 12. The world record holder is 15 cm and he's around a young adult. So please, im wondering if I have it or not. Also, don't tell me to go see a doctor to get me diagnosed, I want to know what you think.|||Hey, my mum has Ehleres-Danlos Syndrome. I'm no expert on the condition but I'll tell you a little about her symptoms then maybe you can draw parallels and come to your own conclusion.





She does have elastic skin, though it isn't too excessive. What is more apparent is that the skin on the back of her hands feels very thin. She also bruises easily and her skin doesn't heal too well which often complicates surgical procedures.





She is very hypermobile too. Her arms almost look like they are broken when she fully extends them and her knees dislocate and cause her excruciating pain on a regular basis. She has recently had knee replacement surgery, though, it doesn't look like it's been successful , but only time will tell. This was a concern the surgeon had previous to the operation on account of her suffering Ehlers-Danlos but we didn't have any other option.





Those are the main things. I hope you find them useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment