Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Who is the worlds youngest black belt in tae kwan do?

ok there is this kid in my skool who says he is the world record holder for the youngest blackbelt i guess in tae kwan do but im no sure does anyone kno? name is jerome bivona...does name strike a bell?|||no. but i take tae kwOn do. and their are kids about 3 years old that are black belt all ready.|||If someone has any black belt and is under 18...feel sorry for them for their (parent's) wasted money, wasted time training in a McDojo, and their false sense of security.|||Under WTF rules, I'm pretty sure you can't get a black belt under the age of 16. But rather, you get a so-called Poom-belt with red and black on it, which is exchangable for a black belt at 16.





And I strongly disagree that in order to have a black belt below the age of 18, you went to a belt factory. In general, Taekwon-do is a bit faster to advance in than other martial arts. For example, it took me 1.5 years of Karate to achieve my yellow belt rank, whereas it took me a year with Taekwon-do to achieve a yellow belt with green stripe. That said, I am a bit more determined than others so I skipped a belt.





A good friend of mine is 16 and has her black belt. Her technique is amazing. She is pretty good at sparring against other girls her weight and age, and the winner of several international awards in doing Poomsae (forms). She comes from a school whose youngest black belt (or rather Poom, as I explained) is 12. Would that make it a McDojang? Definitely not - our instructor is nationally and internationally recognised and appears in martial arts magazines and even on TV, rarely.





Of course, the instructor has little to do with the black belt examination anyway. He merely trains you to be able to do it - when you do your dan examinations, you will be judged by several other high-dan black belts who come from all over the country and not by your own instructor.|||Every Tae Kwon Do orgsnization is independent. I a reputable organization, it takes 3-5 yrs to reach black belt %26amp; the earliest a student should start is around 5. If you see 5 %26amp; 6 yr old black belts, something is wrong. He may be the youngest in his school or organization. I doubt if anyone has a comprehensive list of all black belts in all organizations.|||The youngest I remember was Bruce Li Hwang. Was on That's Incredible in the 80's. I think he got it when he was 6? I watched him grow up, the little bugger.|||All a belt is good for is KEEPING YOUR DOBAK TIGHT!!!!|||black belt under 16= black belt factory. His black belt is worth as much as rotting sewer rat meat.|||Rank has no importance. Just agree with the kid.


I have a nephew who is under 18months, I could make him a black belt tomorrow there by defeating this kids record, I may go on EBay today and do this.





I also saw a chimp who has a black belt in judo.





Rank is just a method of keeping people organized within a school. Those people that display their rank verbally to others have ego issues. Let them blow their hot air.

No comments:

Post a Comment