Saturday, November 19, 2011

Is this the new World Record holder for biggest newborn baby ever?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20090923/tod…








Wow massive , can I just add, I gave birth to a son who was the same length at birth, a long impressive 62cms. Thankfully my baby was not so heavy LOL|||I had my son in march 1989 %26amp; he weighed 12lb 5oz %26amp; it wasnt a section, howver he should have been with hindnsight. my mum had to get ontop of the delivery bed with me %26amp; press down on my stomach while i pushed like crazy %26amp; the midwife %26amp; student pulled.





I was only 24 at the time %26amp; my son was quite the star in the hospital as people from all over the hospital were comimg to see him, even other ladies visitors that had just had babies were coming to see him.





Debbie from Leeds|||I believe the heaviest baby ever born was about 22 pounds.





[edited to add the following]


According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Canadian Anna Bates gave birth to a baby boy who weighed 23 pounds, 12 ounces and was 30 inches long. He was born way back in 1879, however, and died just 11 hours later.





The biggest baby a healthy mom delivered was another boy, who truly tipped the scales at 22 pounds, 8 ounces. His mom was Carmelina Fedele from Italy, and that was in 1955.|||No... I think that was 10.6kg (2kg more than my 13 month old!)





"Anna went into labour on January 15, 1879. Anna continued in the first stages of labour for 36 hours, at which time hard labour began. Dr. Beach, their physician, realized that the birth was not going in a normal direction and tried using forceps, but the baby's head was too large. He called another doctor who also tried using forceps. They put a strong bandage around the baby's neck to assist with the delivery. The baby was born on 19 January, but he survived only 11 hours. He was the largest newborn ever recorded, at 10.6 kg, or nearly 24 pounds and 30 inches (71 centimeters) tall and each of his feet was six inches (152 mm) long."|||wow! that is big. my stepdad was 14lbs when he was born 48 years ago and was delivered vaginally the scales that the nurses had were not big enough so they had to go to the shop for some potato scales, and his mum had no pain relieve. i said no wonder she didn't have any more children after him she must of been in agony.|||Whew, that's a big baby. Her belly must've been HUGE! Imagine if that mom had had to deliver him vaginally. Ouch! Third degree rip, right there.





I think that's the record. I've only heard of a twelve pound baby.|||Wow that's not a newborn that's a toddler lol|||wow thats crazy!|||I read once of a baby around 23lbs. One word for it - OUCH!|||OMG, thats crazy!!!


My son was 9 pounds 6 oz and I thought that was large, he was 22 inches.|||yo yo, thats huge. I don't think i can carry that! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment